2019-2020 competition for selecting resident fellows
The French Academy in Rome announces the 2019 competition for selecting resident fellows at Villa Medici starting next September for a maximal period of 12 months. The competition is open to French-speaking artists and researchers of all nationalities over 18 years of age.
Applications (in French) can be sent from January 8th to February 8th through a dedicated website: https://villamedicis.achatpublic.com.
As previous years, candidates of all creative disciplines, history of art and art crafts are admitted to the competition. There is no longer a restricted list of disciplines and the phases of pre-selection, audition and selection will be carried out by a single multidisciplinary jury.
The jury for the selection of 2019-2020 residents, whose qualified personalities are appointed by the Minister of Culture, is composed of :
- Mr. Stéphane Gaillard, Secretary General and Director (interim)
- Mrs Noëlle Tissier, member of the Board of Directors of the Académie de France in Rome, representing the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Académie de France in Rome;
- Ms. Béatrice Salmon, Deputy Director in charge of Plastic Arts, representing the Director General of Artistic Creation;
- Mrs Claire Barbillon, art historian, director of the Ecole du Louvre;
- Mr. Clément Cogitore, artist and director; (ancien pensionnaire)
- Mrs Hélène Delprat, artist;
- Mr. Francesco Filidei, composer; (ancien pensionnaire)
- Mr. Camille de Toledo, writer; (ancien pensionnaire)
- Mr. Éric Troncy, co-director of the Centre d’art contemporain Le Consortium.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Candidates can apply from all creative artistic fields as well as history and theory of the arts and the restoration and preservation of artworks or monuments. To take part in the competition, applicants must submit a detailed project indicating their motivations, research themes and type of activities they want to realize during their residency.
For more information: